Sunday 21 December 2014

Blade - Exciting times to come!

Hey there, my name’s Blade!
I’m 3 and half years old and have been here at Sonias Snowdogs for a couple of months now. My brother, Shadow and I already had a bit of experience before we came here – we’d done quite a lot of running and pulling and Sonia says we are both awesome! Just like Shadow, I’m a Siberian husky and I absolutely love running. We both needed to find a new home because we need so much exercise and most people find us too difficult to look after.
Blade and friends
Playing with my new friends here at Horse and Husky
I love working out how to escape from where I am supposed to be. There’s so many fun things to do in this big, wide world and I’d love to run from place to place and from adventure to adventure! Of course, we have plenty of adventures here with Sonia and her snowdogs. I’ve made lots of new friends and love playing outside in Sonia’s paddock.


Occasionally, the temptation can get too much – and I feel the urge to escape. I did this a lot at my previous home so I’m very good at it by now! I love working out new and exciting ways to escape. I can jump over 7 foot fences, squeeze through very small gaps, chew through fencing and dig underneath. I normally escape first and then Shadow copies what I have done and follows me. So then we both go running away looking for fun things to do. Our favourite thing to do at our previous home was to escape and find our way into the nearby chicken run. We both adore chasing chickens. But, sadly, lots of people get very cross with us when we do this. Sonia thought that her fences around the paddock were high enough because all the other guys cannot escape but they are no problem for Shadow and I! Kevin calls me Harry Houdini after the great escape artist hehe!
Blade escaping
Time to escape!
Right now, I have just got home after running at Low Wray campsiteand noticed that the paddock fences look a bit higher – hmm – I will have to check them out as soon as I get chance. I have had a lovely weekend with Shadow, Wolf, Blue, Ice and Luna at Low Wray campsite. It’s such a great place to run and there are so many chickens by the farm plus 3 cats! I always have a look to see if any are about. So far I’ve had no luck in catching any but I’ll certainly keep trying! Chicken for Christmas would be great . . .
Shadow running in snow
My brother Shadow having fun in the snow at the campsite!
I wonder what Santa will bring me this year. I would love to pull his sleigh with Shadow and the rest of the gang. Maybe Rudolph will catch a cold and Santa will ask us to help him. We huskies can run by the light of the moon, no problem. Bet we’re faster than the reindeers too. If not this year, maybe next Christmas.
Santas sleigh
Santa’s sleigh – ready and waiting for us huskies!


And after Christmas, I’m really looking forward to January 17th and 18th when a group of 6 guys from theRSPCA will be practising with us for an Arctic Challenge in Sweden in March. They are raising money for a new veterinary hospital for their centre based in Leicestershire. They told us they’re going to be camping atLow Wray Campsite in 2 of their camping pods and doing husky mushing with us guys on both days. That will be great fun because we will get to do loads of running in new places like Grizedale Forest, the bridle path by Windermere and maybe some other places too. I have never been to these places before but have heard lots of great things about them so it will be very exciting. Of course, you’ll be able to read all about it in my January blog.
Merry Christmas everybody, and save some turkey for me!
Blade x
Pawprint


See what we get up to on Facebook
Check out our updates on Twitter!
Check out our homepage here!

No comments:

Post a Comment