Wednesday 31 December 2014

Shadow - New Year's Resolutions

Hi everyone, I’m Shadow!
You may already know a little bit about me if you have read my brother Blade’s blog a little while ago. I’m a Siberian husky and I’m 3 and a half years old. I am almost as tall as Storm, but because I love running so much, I am much slimmer! I love to race with Blade; we sometimes have a bit of a quarrel as to who is going to win. Blade can be very noisy so sometimes I have to shout loudly for him to hear me. I am very strong too, and Mum thinks I may be the strongest in the group. I love jumping and spend quite a lot of time high up on top of the box in the paddock. Star is the only other husky who has managed to jump up on there.
Shadow jumping
Fun times in the paddock
I have had a great time since coming to Horse and Husky. Blade and I get to run out almost every day which is great. I loved going to Wray Castleand Low Wray campsite. It was awesome there a few weeks back when there was snow on the ground. I really hope Sonia buys a snow sled in the new year so that we can do more running in the snow. My favourite trail has to be the Eskdale trail – last time we went there, we spent sometime in front of a lovely log fire, had a dish of tea and some treats. Lukanuka was with Blade and I, and we all had a great race together. Luka is pretty fast, it surprised me how fast he is when I first saw him running.
Shadow in snow
Running in the snow at Low Wray Campsite
Luna and Ice have told me all about the trail that runs alongside Windermere- I am looking really forward to running there. Mum, Sonia has also told me that we have a lot of safaris booked and we are going to run on new trails that even Ice and Luna have not been on yet.
Christmas was really good – not only did we have lots of special food – I tasted goose for the very first time, mmmmm so yummy!, – we also met loads of lovely people who enjoyed running with us. It has been very busy which is great. All of us love going for trips out in the van because it is very exciting not to know where we will be when the van door opens. We spend time guessing where we are. We usually know if it is the campsite because on the number of speed bumps. Blade and I always travel in the top crates because we are such good jumpers. Last time Lukanuka also travelled in one of the top crate but he had help by standing on a crate first, so he didn’t have to jump as high.
Shadow in paddock
Outside in the paddock
Ryan asked me if I had any New Year’s resolutions so I thought I’d tell you all, and I went round the paddock and asked everybody else what resolutions they’ve been making too!
Next year, I’d like to learn how to pull the dog carriage because I want to go out over the summer to Muncaster Castle and the Ravenglass and Eskdale railway and give small children rides. Storm, Wolf, Ice and blue have told me what good fun it is. Sonia said I am big enough and thinks I will be calm enough. I think so too – I usually just get excited when Blade is jumping around. It will seem strange to go out without Blade – but I expect he will enjoy playing in the paddock with the others.
New Year's resolutions
New Year’s resolutions
Archie has told me he plans to cut back on the digging a bit- as he’s starting to trip over his own holes!
My brother, Blade, assures me he’ll try and stay out of trouble – he really enjoys jumping over fences – but to be honest, I usually follow him over too!
Blue has told me that since seeing Storm dressed in his Lord Storm fancy dress costume with his big top hat, he hopes to completely get over his fear of people with big hats in the new year.
Ice says he’d like to revisit Grange-over-Sands, as he’s hoping to pop into Higginson butchers for some delicious sausages.
Luka simply told me that he’d like to run faster than ever before!
Luna said she’d like to help Sonia train Archie to be a full sleddog. I’m sure Luna will be a great help at keeping Archie in order!
Skye mentioned that she’d like to go on a few husky hikes in the new year. I think we all do, especially if there’s still snow on the hills. . .
Star (and Storm) are both hoping to get involved in a very exciting Valentine’s event that Sonia has planned in February. . .
Storm also hopes to work on his running. I told him that Blade and I would be able to help him run a bit faster . . . I hope we haven’t scared him off!
Wolf has said he hopes to travel to some new places – he loves travelling and going to new locations.
Well, Happy New Year everybody. I know we have a busy week ahead – yippee!
Shadow New Year
Happy New Year!
Love, Shadow x
Pawprint


See what we get up to on Facebook
Check out our updates on Twitter!
Check out our homepage here!

No comments:

Post a Comment