Friday 26 December 2014

Star - Christmas Wishes!

Hello, Star here!
My full name’s actually Mystic Star! I have lots of other fun names too. Mum also calls me ‘Fluffy Bunny’ and ‘The Polar Bear.’ You can guess why I imagine! I am losing my summer coat at the moment, it’s a bit of a shame that all of my lovely white fur goes to waste – perhaps we should start making hats from my lovely soft white fur. They would make stunning presents.
Star Snow Border
My lovely soft, white coat
I have been busy in the run up to Christmas, teaching people how to do dry land mushing. I generally go out with my friend, Storm but he only does half the running and even then he does not always do much pulling! I don’t really mind though as I love running and pulling. Storm and I met a lovely family the other day – the boy Samuel is usually frightened of dogs so Sonia chose us because we are calm and steady. By the end of the 2 hour session Samuel was no longer frightened, he was hugging us both! He is only 3 years old so I suppose we must have seemed enormous to him. We love meeting children.
Star and Storm with friend
Storm and I with one of our young friends
Sonia has been clearing out the stables that Storm and I have been sleeping in, ready for our horse pals Rapport and Toby to come home for the winter months. It will be really nice to see them both again. Although it’s good fun to have the extra space in the summer, I’m just as happy sleeping in my kennel with all that lovely warm hay. I imagine I will have the run of the big paddock again at night time.
Toby and Rapport
Toby and Rapport



All of us had such a great Christmas – Mum made lots of yummy food for us, including goose, ham and sausages! Luka was running in and out of the house singing Christmas carols, we took turns pulling Christmas crackers with Sonia, Kev and Lexie – we won of course, as we were using our teeth! Today, it was back to work and me and Storm went mushing with a lovely family who have told us they will be returning again next year.
Star Christmas Card
Merry Christmas!
In the New Year, Sonia has promised me that I will get to head out on some of the safaris. That will be awesome. I just wish other dogs had better manners and did not rush up to me as I don’t like it. I do like playing with some of the guys but I don’t really get on that well with the other girls – apart from Luna of course – she is ok.
Ah well, I’m off to see Sonia now – I think she needs a cuddle. We’re all happy as it’s turkey for supper in a minute. I think I’ll curl up and sleep under the Christmas tree in the paddock tonight.
I hope you’ve all had a fantastic Christmas!
Cuddles from Star x
Pawprint


See what we get up to on Facebook
Check out our updates on Twitter!
Check out our homepage here!
Star Polar Bear
. . . and this is why they call me ‘The Polar Bear!’

No comments:

Post a Comment